CSSA Event Policies
The California Self Storage Association (CSSA) understands that sometimes our members are unable to attend events they have per-registered for due to circumstances beyond their control. The below policy has been made to ensure that all of our prospective attendees are treated equally and is the CSSA's official approach to attendee cancellations for all of our events.
Event Cancellation by CSSA
CSSA reserves the right to cancel an event due to low enrollment or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable. If the CSSA cancels an event, registrants will be offered a full refund. Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, the CSSA has the right to either issue a full refund or transfer registration to the same event at the new, future date.
Registration Cancellation by Participant
· Unless specifically stated on registration materials, the deadline to receive a refund for your registration is 30 calendar days before the event.
· Registration cancellations received prior to the deadline may be eligible to receive a refund less a $50 service fee per transaction.
· Cancellations received after the stated deadline will not be eligible for a refund.
· Refunds will not be available for registrants who choose not to attend an event.
· Cancellations will be accepted in writing only and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline.***
· All refund requests must be made by the attendee or credit card holder.
· Refund requests must include the name of the attendee and/or transaction number.
· Refunds will be credited back to the original credit card used for payment or returned via check.
These above policies apply to all CSSA Events unless otherwise noted in the corresponding event materials. Please read all individual event information thoroughly.
***No refund will be granted for cancellations after the 30-day mark.
Event Substitution Policies
If you register and then are unable to attend, you may send someone in your place at no additional charge. Notify the CSSA registrar in writing as far in advance of the conference as possible.
Non-Sponsor Vendor Attendee Policy
CSSA is appreciative of those vendors and business partners who step up and support the association and our industry through their sponsorship. Without our sponsors, we would not be able to put on the level of events our members have become accustom to. We strive to treat all our industry vendors with respect and ask they do the same. Non-sponsor vendor attendees are asked not to promote their business with flyers or other handouts at CSSA events as it is unfair to those vendors who have opted to sponsor our event. If you would like to put your membership to good use and promote your company at our events, please contact the CSSA office at 888-CSSA 207 or 888-227-2207.
Event Code of Conduct
CSSA has established the following rules of conduct to create the best education and meeting experience. Adjustments may be made by event staff and Association leaders – all decisions onsite are final.
1. All event participants must wear their badge at all times during the event
2. Event staff, has the final say on all matters of safety and security within the confines of a CSSA event
3. Despite the fact that we are renting meeting space, we are guests – please respect all hotel and meeting staff and refrain from behavior that would prevent
us from returning to that facility
4. All attendees that register for a CSSA event are agreeing to our code of conduct guidelines
Alcohol and Drug Policy:
1. Please be responsible when consuming alcohol at our during CSSA event
2. Visibly inebriated persons will be escorted back to their room or off the premises at the discretion of the CSSA event or hotel staff
3. Alcohol consumption by persons under the age of 21 remains illegal and not allowed at CSSA events
4. Hosts of parties are reminded not serve minors or over-serve adults
5. The use of illegal drugs is not permitted at any CSSA event